The Business Development team, led by Parkwood Leisure’s Sales and Marketing Director, Joanne Martin, is dedicated to working with local authorities to find the right management solutions for their leisure facilities. Due to considerable success, Parkwood Leisure has more than doubled in size since 2004, which has brought with it a wealth of business development experience.
By ensuring each business opportunity is dealt with in an individual way, the business development team is able to evaluate client requirements and offer the best bespoke solution and provide high quality leisure management services to each and every client.
Chris True – Head of Business Development
Chris graduated from Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College with BA (Hons) in Sport Management in 2004.
As Head of Business Development for Parkwood Leisure Chris takes responsibility for all aspects of business development which includes:
- Researching new business opportunities and potential growth areas
- Coordinating the production and delivery of both documentation and financial aspects of bids
- Managing business development resources pre and post bid submission
- Working with the operations team in tracking performance and new initiatives
- Representing the company to local authority clients and nurturing business relationships
- Liaising with National Governing Bodies
Chris has worked in the leisure industry since 2001, beginning with coaching and sports development roles before moving into operations. Starting as a Duty Manager with Greenwich Leisure, Chris then progressed to Centre Manager, before becoming a General Manager with Fusion Lifestyle, Virgin Active and most recently with Parkwood Leisure.
Chris is a skilled rugby league player and captained Wales Dragonhearts at the 2014 Celtic Nations Cup.
Gavin Hunter – Business Development Manager
Gavin Hunter graduated from Nottingham Trent University with BA (Hons) in Business Management and Marketing. Working within the Business Development team as a Manager, Gavin is responsible for:
- Leading throughout all stages of the bid process, including the PQQ, ITT and mobilisation stages
- Constructing and developing both the qualitative and quantitative elements of bids
- Identifying and researching new business opportunities
- Participating in Soft Market Tests
- Supporting other members of the Business Development team
- Working with operational teams to analyse performance for utilisation in bids.
A keen footballer and fitness enthusiast, Gavin is passionate about leisure and is a strong advocate of the benefits of sport and physical activity for all members of the community.
Julie Snell - Business Development Manager
Julie has 25 years of business leadership, project, product and coaching experience
Covering a range of industry sectors including Travel, Leisure, Government, International Wireless Telecoms and Retail. As a Business Development Manager her role includes;
- Strategically identifying and securing new business opportunities throughout the public sector procurement process, managing through to mobilisation.
- Responsible for managing the input of information from across the Group to ensure continuity of business approaches
- Reviewing the contractual arrangements of each new opportunity and making recommendations to the Board on any risks identified.
- Research market opportunities / partnerships,
- Creating business plans for new acquisitions
- Negotiating contract extensions;
Julie has enjoyed business success managing corporate sales teams delivering £64m annual revenue with high EBITDA through to managing complex projects across global platforms. Significant experience in driving profitable growth through customer understanding, market research. With a passion for delivering win-win business solutions Julie now turns her hand to doing this for Parkwood Leisure.